Welcome to the Helen C. Peirce School website!
Helen C. Peirce School is a pre-K through eighth grade campus. Opened in 1915, the school now includes the original facility and a new building completed in August 1999. The new building houses a state-of-the-art media center, computer lab, music room, art room, cafeteria and seventeen classrooms. In 1993, the school was selected to participate in the Chicago Board of Education Specialty School Program and was renamed the Helen C. Peirce School of International Studies. A program of International Studies and Character Education has been implemented, enriching the curriculum.
Peirce is a true neighborhood school, drawing 78% of its student population from the Edgewater/Andersonville community. Peirce is considered one of the best neighborhood schools on the North Side of Chicago and has a Literature and Writing Program.
Peirce has a dynamic, innovative, and well-educated staff with an impressive eight National Board Certified Master Teachers, a Golden Apple Winner and a Kohl McCormick Early Childhood award winning teacher. These fine teachers provide students with a first-rate education during school and after school hours.
The parent community plays a very important role at Peirce School. The Local School Council; Multilingual Parent, Teacher, Student Organization; Parent Advisory Committee; Bilingual Advisory Committee, and Friends of Peirce support the school’s programming through many projects and fund-raising activities throughout the year.